Spring Shrimp & Asparagus
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 4 small heads Bibb lettuce, torn bite-sized
- 1¼ lb cooked shrimp, medium, peeled
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Toss lettuce with half of shrimp, half of tomatoes, and half of asparagus in large shallow bowl. Divide and place on 4-6 plates.
- Arrange remaining shrimp, tomatoes and asparagus on top of and around each salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Prep tip: Dressing and asparagus can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.