Greens with Quick Pickles
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cups small carrots, radishes, baby turnips and/or beets, shaved on mandoline
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 12 cups mixed tender greens (e.g. baby kale, frisée, mizuna, tatsoi, arugula)
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
- For pickled vegetables, bring 1 cup vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat and add vegetables; let sit until just tender, at least 10 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and remaining vinegar in small bowl; season vinaigrette with more lemon juice, if desired. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Toss vinaigrette, greens, and herbs in large bowl to combine. Plate salads and top with pickled vegetables.