Creamy Pumpkin Tortilla Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes, Servings: 10
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz (280 g) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 can (425 mL) pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 mL) corn kernels, frozen or canned (drained)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) Campbell’s® Classic Cream Concentrated
- Soup Base
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- Tortilla chips
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic; cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until softened.
- Add chicken, pumpkin puree, black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, pepper, Campbell’s® Classic Cream Concentrated Soup Base and water.
- Stir well to combine.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Portion into bowls. Garnish with tortilla chips and optional garnishes such as diced avocado.