Potato Crust for Gourmet Pizza
For lunch, dinner or as a late-night snack, this golden crust – made with potatoes in place of the usual dough – is a crisp and creative base for any and all of your favourite pizza toppings. Try topping with pizza sauce, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and shredded mozzarella; bake until bubbly, then sprinkle with sliced green onions before slicing into wedges. Or, for an innovative breakfast pizza, top with shredded Cheddar cheese, scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
Serves: 3 to 4
- 3 cups Cavendish Farms® 3/8” Straight Cut
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- Place potatoes in food processor (you may need to work with a handful at a time, adding more once chopped); blend well, stopping to scrape down sides once or twice, until texture is like bread crumbs.
- Pulse in rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Brush pizza pan with olive oil. Scrape crust mixture on pan, patting down, spreading and shaping to form a large, round crust.
- Bake crust in preheated 450°F (230°C) oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; top crust with desired pizza toppings. Return pizza to oven and continue baking until cheese is bubbly, 6 to 8 minutes.